Areas of Application for Elemental Analytics
Thanks to our team’s extensive arsenal of state-of-the-art equipmentand years of experience, we’re able to handle a very wide range of analytical issues both skillfully and reliably. When it comes to developing and validating new analytical methods, we’re more than happy to assist you with our expertise. Below you will find a short overview of the issues we have dealt with so far.
Area of application: Product analytics
- Detecting heavy metals in pharmaceutical products:
We continue to carry out traditional heavy metal precipitation in line with USP <231> and Ph. Eur. 2.4.8. We provide element and heavy metal determination in accordance with the new USP <232>/<233> and Ph.Eur. 5.20, 2.4.20 regulations using ICP (OES to 2.2.57 and MS to 2.2.58) and the ICH Q3D as standard. If necessary, we will gladly assist with the necessary validations. We also offer a complete screening analysis package using ICP-MS, which includes a total of 46 elements and thus covers all the elements specified by USP/Ph.Eur and EMEA.
- Elemental analytics (C, H, N, O, S, F and halogens)
- Ion chromatography (quantitative determination of anions and cations such as chloride, bromide, iodide, fluoride, sulfite, sulfate, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, formate, acetate and ammonium)
- Analyzing the overall composition of completely unknown samples or residues
- Determining the metal or rare earth content of ores and rocks
- Supporting method development or R&D projects and competitor sample analysis
- Checking contamination limit values (including in pharmaceutical products in line with GMP)
- Release analyses / formulation monitoring
- Analyzing the composition of plastics and metals
- Compiling material balances, incl. REACH reporting (also in line with GLP)
- Analyzing heavy metals in biological samples (e.g. in blood or urine)
- Identifying elements in food
- Carrying out GLP studies, incl. test management or as a principle investigator (PI)
Area of application: Environmental analytics
For environmental matrix analyses, we are certified as an inspection center for waste, seepage, surface water and groundwater in accordance with § 25 of the State Waste Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (LAbfG) and as an inspection center for wastewater in accordance with § 6a of the State Water Act (LWG NRW), among other things.