Risk assessment of workplace noise
The employer's obligations under the German Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance on Noise and Vibration (LärmVibrationsArbSchV) include assessing the risk posed to employees by noise if these employees are exposed or might be exposed to noise. We will prepare a workplace noise risk assessment for you and perform all the necessary measurements. Based on this assessment, we will show you potential obligations arising from the Occupational Health and Safety Ordinance on Noise and Vibration and work with you to identify the steps that need to be taken. In addition, we will handle the noise-related aspects of any inquiries from the Employer's Accident Liability Insurance Association (Berufsgenossenschaft). This will enable you to meet your obligations as an employer without having to invest in personnel and additional time.
We are a DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 accredited measurement institute for the areas of "neighborhood noise" and "workplace noise". This means that you will be able to integrate our quality-assured services as building blocks into your own quality management system. We have a broad range of experience and are in close contact with occupational health physicians within our company. We keep the risk assessments we have prepared in our archives for a period of 30 years.
- Detailed work analysis as a basis for the risk assessment
- Planning and performance of the necessary measurements in the workplace
- Summarizing noise immissions for specific locations in a workplace register
- Determining noise exposure for employees at the plant and identifying employees exposed to a risk of noise-related hearing loss
- Establishing the steps to be taken by the employer (in conjunction with the plant) based on the mandatory requirements identified and additional recommendations
- Presenting areas of noise exposure in the workplace register
- Summarizing all of the results and evaluations in a report
- Updating the risk assessment, generally at 5-year intervals, as well as performing additional updates after major changes
- Handling the noise-related aspects of inquiries from the Employer's Accident Liability Insurance Association (Berufsgenossenschaft)
- Archiving expert assessments for a period of 30 years